Thursday, June 26, 2008

Our own little traffic jam...

I'm so lucky because I live just a 10 minute drive or a 20 minute bus ride from work. I used to work near the airport and on a "good" day it would take about 40 minutes to get to work...so I was and am VERY thankful to get this job just down the street from my house! So for over a year and a half I've sorta stopped paying attention to the morning traffic reports. You can imagine my surprise when I heard there was a water main break on my street!! It wasn't a huge inconvenience...I still had water at my house, and cars could still come in and out of our street, but they had to contra-flow the lane and as such the bus didn't fit and I missed it. Luckily I was able to get to the next stop before the second bus drove off. Check it out...



The hole was huge!! I talked to one of the BWS guys and he said the crack in the pipe was nearly 2 feet long!! Holy cow!! And it busted just because it was old...that sucks!


All these trucks created quite a frenzy on our normally quiet road. The Board of Water Supply guys were working on the break and the hole for about 15 hours! Just a little something out of the ordinary on my street!!

No comments: