Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Busy weekend!

This 3-day weekend FLEW by and as a result I needed to take an extra day off from work today to get stuff done and recuperate!! LoL!! My niece Alena turned 2 and her birthday party was on Saturday. So Friday I helped my sister-in-law, Jolena, put together some centerpieces.


Here's our birthday girl, Alena! The party was Hello Kitty themed and a friend of Jolena's made this awesome cake! It looked like a beach bucket with "sand" all around it! The cake looked yummy, but since I'm trying to lose weight I skipped on the cake.
(photo courtesy of Mz. Tiffany)

The birthday party was held at Jolena's brother pool. It was such a relaxing pool...very oasis like!! I didn't swim, but everyone looked like they had tons of fun!

Afterwards we headed on down to Mililani theatres to catch the latest kids flick, How to Train your Dragon. It's an AWESOME movie!

This movie is packed full of star voices, including Gerard Butler, Jay Baruchel (She's Out of My League), America Ferrera (Ugly Betty), Jonah Hill (Super Bad), Christopher Mintz-Plasse (McLovin) just to name a few! We didn't watch it in 3D, but with all the flying I'm sure it would've been awesome! But the 3 adults who tagged along with the 2 kids to see it LOVED the movie! It's got a lot of themes that kids and adults alike can relate to; being accepted by your peers, approval by your parents, doing what is right, selflessness along with the fact that it's got dragons and is super funny! It's definitely a must see! I can't wait for the DVD to come out!

No comments: